Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
session gets lost somewhere

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi there and first of all, i'm sorry if this is a repost but the only threads I found didn't had exactly the same problem.

Anyway, last friday I had a functionally login system on all my browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Chromium) but today (Monday) it only works on firefox, at first I was not that surprised that IE failed to login because, let's be honest, if a web application has to break then it will probably break on IE, but in this case it also failed to login on Opera, Safari and Chrome (the same one where i've been testing it).

Note: On saturday i logged in on my linux laptop with chromium and all worked fine and i didn't made a single modification to the code because I didn't even had access to the it.

Code:
$user = $result->row();
$id = $user->id_user; $name = $user->name_user;
$this->session->set_userdata('id', $id);
$this->session->set_userdata('username', $name);
$this->session->set_userdata('lang', 'english');
redirect('welcome');

For what I understood he never sets the userdata because I have the application print the username and it never shows anything (on the mentioned browsers).

Other important information (and i guess this is my real problem), the server is on a virtual machine and the host machine entered in hibernation mode (because i'm a huge idiot that forgot to properly configure my host machine) during the weekend.

Thanks in advance and sorry for any bad phrase structure (english is not my primary language).

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
ok, it was the virtual machine time that was wrong (probably during that hibernation mode).

sorry to bother you all, thread can be closed and again sorry to bother you Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB