Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Just installed Modular Extensions, now, but little confused on couple of things

[eluser]lexusgs430[/eluser]
Ok so I just installed modular extensions library, and Im beginning to get a "feel" for the potential things I could do with it, but Im still having trouble actually visualizing the most effective ways.

For instance:

I use either 1 of two jquery libraries in almost every webpage I make, which is either jquery tools, or the more intense, jquery UI. So, I think it would be pretty cool to put each respective library in a module folder, and then be able to quickly upload the folders into new sites I create.

I guess my question is 2 things.

1) I am still supposed to keep my base controllers, and views directory, correct? And I should be still using the base controllers, to control the actual structure of the site, while selectively calling the components I need from the views which need respective module components??
(if I want all the pages on my site to share the same header/footer/sidebar structure)..

2) If I do that, then to call the jquery ui or the jquery tools library + the stylesheets, would I just create a view in each respective module, which loads the [removed] tags and the css tags and what not, and then call that view from the header?

If that was vague or confusing I apologize. Any clarity appreciated.

Oh also, is there a place where completed modules are shared for dl?

I probably posted this in wrong forum section, my bad.

[eluser]2think[/eluser]
Lexusgs430,

I'm not too experienced with Modular Extensions but have used Modular Separation in a couple projects so far. This section of the wiki may prove helpful for you http://codeigniter.com/wiki/Modular_Extensions_-_HMVC/

thanks, I was actually looking at that last night before I gave up on setting it up, then once I got it this morning I was trying to find it again unsuccessfully.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB