Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Quick User Management

[eluser]KennyBrijs[/eluser]
Hi all

I'm a junior developer and new to codeigniter, but I'd like to make a little web-app.

Of course I'll need user management, and good practice is not to reinvent the wheel. I already found a 70-minutes tutorial and 2 libraries, but I was wondering if you guys could help me out what to pick or do.

I need basic user management (people enter username, email, password and confirm via email) and if they want to they can also fill out additional info for their profile.

Is there a package that you can recommend which is easy to use and to extend/modify?

Thanks in advance.
Greetings, Kenny.

[eluser]brycmills[/eluser]
Stating the obvious, but you may want to make sure the license allows you to integrate the code into your system.

User management can get a little tricky, so using what someone has used is beneficial. With that, have you tried BackEndPro - http://www.kaydoo.co.uk/projects/backendpro

You can also see a great resource of programs at
http://codeigniter.com/wiki/Applications...e_Igniter/

http://www.codeigniterdirectory.com/index.php

++ I really like what Phil does with his User management in PyroCMS. And it's prepared for CI 2.0 Smile

Hey Phil - can we strip out your code for user management if we give you the credit Smile

Looking forward to others have to say on the topic.

Well, I wasn't planning on using code illegally , but it's a good reminder. The packages I found were published on websites by their authors, so I guess they wouldn't do that if they didn't want us to use it Smile, but it's a good reminder to always explicitly check the licence.

I haven't tried the ones you posted, but I'll check them out one of these days (haven't got no time today... sorry)

Thanks

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
The code in PyroCMS is ION Auth!

InsiteFX

[eluser]pbreit[/eluser]
Ion Auth is a good choice. It has good features but is still lean and actively developed.

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
+1 for Ion Auth it is awesome. The syntax is really easy to work with. Super easy to drop into any project with little effort, and only contains a few files (config, library, model, some langs). You don't even use the model, as the library uses _call() to look in model for calls not found in library. It will make sense if you check out the docs.

Ok, then I will check Ion Auth.

Talking about PyroCMS, I have created a couple of sites with MODx (modxcms.com). Of course, when you are used to a system, you'd rather stick to it Smile, but I switched to CI (I know CI is not a CMS) because I thought that developing a web-app would be quicker with CI, and it would make me produce cleaner code through MVC.

Since there will be much more App-developing than Content Management to this project, I didn't really mind missing a CMS.

But am I getting things right when I say that PyroCMS allows you to develop an app and easily integrate it in the CMS?

I thought about using CI in MODx too, but when I googled on it, reactions seemed like that was not so easy.

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
PyroCMS is just a CI app. Phil uses his own Modular Separation library to put code into modules. So you essential could easily add on to it.

Oh, IC Wink
thx for clearing that up

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB