Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
LOCAL MACHINE INSTALLATION

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi There, i just need an assistance for LOCALMACHINE INSTALLATION of IGNITER??

Thanks.

[eluser]haydenk[/eluser]
Without more information with what you need help with...

If you're running MAMP on Mac OS X, OS X will not allow you to read files with periods in front, so you can not use .htaccess files. The work around for it is to you put your mod_rewrite functions in the virtual host configuration. It's a pain in the butt because you have to restart the server with each change but it works.

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
With google search "mamp .htaccess" I could find the solution(use TinkerTool to show hidden files). It doesnt meant that if file is hidden from you, it could not be used! I dont use mac myself but as its BSD based Im pretty sure you can view hidden files from the shell(so you could edit the file for example "vi .htaccess").

Anyway, just install MAMP, XAMPP or WAMP depending what OS you are using. When you get webserver to work, its a matter of reading the userguide and following instructions.

[eluser]mi6crazyheart[/eluser]
[quote author="lito30" date="1280477561"]Hi There, i just need an assistance for LOCALMACHINE INSTALLATION of IGNITER??

Thanks.[/quote]

For CodeIgniter installation : http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...index.html

[eluser]haydenk[/eluser]
[quote author="cahva" date="1280491169"]With google search "mamp .htaccess" I could find the solution(use TinkerTool to show hidden files). It doesnt meant that if file is hidden from you, it could not be used! I dont use mac myself but as its BSD based Im pretty sure you can view hidden files from the shell(so you could edit the file for example "vi .htaccess").

Anyway, just install MAMP, XAMPP or WAMP depending what OS you are using. When you get webserver to work, its a matter of reading the userguide and following instructions.[/quote]

So, I tried TinkerTool, it shows my hidden files in Finder but Apache with MAMP is still a no go. I even tried executing "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean true;killall Finder" at terminal but it was a no go as well. I believe the second one is just a terminal version of what TinkerTool does.

I wish I find the article I found that made me give on figuring it out and just put it all in the virtualhost config file.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB