Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
My site is not working

[eluser]adekenny[/eluser]
Hi, I just developed a database-driven site using CodeIgniter and when i uploaded it to my hosting company web server, i got the following error message:

Warning: require(system/codeigniter/Common.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\HostingSpaces\wisdomex\wisdomexploits.com\wwwroot\system\codeigniter\CodeIgniter.php on line 38

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'system/codeigniter/Common.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\HostingSpaces\wisdomex\wisdomexploits.com\wwwroot\system\codeigniter\CodeIgniter.php on line 38

I've checked the codeigniter folder and the common.php file is actuallu there. I've tried everything i know but it won't open my client site. Please help me as i need to meet a deadline.

thanks

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
It's not the common.php file that can't be read, it's common.php that is trying to load 'Codeigniter.php', which fails.

[eluser]natedigby[/eluser]
How come it fails? can give further explaination why it fails?

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
I can't see into your environment. Is the file there? Does it have to rights so that the webserver can read it?

[eluser]Mat-Moo[/eluser]
I would be tempted to re-upload all the files again for CI, ensuring ASCII is on

You mentioned ASCII in your reply......

when i was uploading the files, i saw three radio button options in the ftp application i used to upload the files. They are: ASCII , BINARY and AUTO - but it was set to the BINARY option by default so i didn't bother to change it.

Could it be that i should have selected ASCII instead? What is the difference between them?

Thanks

[eluser]Mat-Moo[/eluser]
Probably should of used Auto, which will switch between ASCII and Binary for pics and text. Try uploading your code in ASCII and see if it helps, otherwise I'm talking crapo Smile

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1280889347"]It's not the common.php file that can't be read, it's common.php that is trying to load 'Codeigniter.php', which fails.[/quote]

This is backwards...

There's at least one other thread about this problem in IIS (http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/76294/, although I don't think there's a solution there)... It looks like BASEPATH is being defined as a relative path, instead of the full system path it should be. Have you changed the value of $system_folder in index.php?

No i haven't changed any value in the system folder.
Do i need to make changes to the value? what should i change it to?

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
Looks like IIS might have some weird behavior with realpath() if IIS doesn't have read access to the webroot's parent directory (http://forums.iis.net/p/1153823/1887764.aspx#1887764... in your case, C:\HostingSpaces\wisdomex\wisdomexploits.com). I'm not intimately familiar with IIS so I don't that I can propose an ideal solution... If the permissions are set correctly I would probably start doing some debugging with realpath() in index.php

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB