Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter - How to achieve different member areas within a site? Tank_Auth

[eluser]design_shuffle[/eluser]
Hi,

I have built an app using codeigniter which has 3 different member groups

Admininstrators - Who login to a dashboard and have CRUD facilities to Add/Edit/Delete Events, shows and artists

Clients - Who Login from the front end and see all the items that the admin have added via the back end.

Media Partners - Who Login from the front-end and see certain parts of what the client can see but not all things.

I have integrated the Tank_Auth Library for the Clients section which all works fine. What I would like to achieve though is for the administrator to be able to login to a seperate admin area and the media partners to be able to login to a seperate area too.

What is the best way to approach this?

Do I need to create sepearate dashboard controllers for each userbase and duplicate the Tank_Auth controller 3 times and tweak this?

Ideally The Admin users also need to be able to add news users and login to all 3 seperate areas?

Has anybody achieved such a solution before, If so how did you go about it? perhaps tank auth isn't the correct approach?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks Dan

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
I've heard Tank Auth has no group system. Why not try Ion Auth instead? It's more actively maintained, works with CI2 and has a great user guide.

[eluser]design_shuffle[/eluser]
Thanks Phil, I will take a look!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB