Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
HowTo : Website Design

[eluser]namdia[/eluser]
I didn't make a website for a while. I freshly learn CI this week and I have a question stucking in my mine since the beginning. How do we handle the design with CI?

I Know is in the View. However, in the past, I always received from a designer a huge background image, sliced with photoshop into many images (separate by many html table...), and I did the code. So, is there a better way to integrate a design with CI (or for website in general)?

thank u.

[eluser]verynewtothis[/eluser]
My humble suggestion would be to learn the concepts of MVC a little more.
In general, The html mockup that you use to get will become part of your 'views' while the PHP code you use to write will go inside the 'controllers'.

[eluser]mi6crazyheart[/eluser]
Agree with "verynewtothis"...
Just go through that MVC architecture properly & try to figure out how data actually flow going on. Then accordingly plan u'r site's architecture. Ya , it'll take some time but as u'll proceed u'll gradually clear about the whole thing.

All d best...

[eluser]namdia[/eluser]
I know the MVC pattern cause I used it a lot in windows programming. Works with MVC it's not my problem, mine it's to "optimize" the website loading and avoid the used of nested html table.

[eluser]nelson.wells[/eluser]
This is more related to HTML and CSS than CodeIgniter. CodeIgniter is the server side language, the design of the page is client side. You mention nested HTML tables; you need to learn how to use more modern HTML and CSS to do layouts. I like [a href="http://tizag.com"]Tizag[/a]'s tutorials.

Also, as far as converting a .psd to a website... slicing is the way. Depending on the design, some styles (like shadows) can be emulated with CSS3, but for more complicated things slicing is the way to go.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Just a quick thing:

Controller = Back-end PHP

Model = Database stuff

Views = Front-end HTML

CSS is stored in the root directory, not the Application or the System folder, you get to it by loading the url library and then typing

<?=base_url()?>css/style.css

[eluser]namdia[/eluser]
Thanks nelson, I'll check "MORDERN" Html and CSS layout!

[eluser]ecsyle31[/eluser]
I hope you didn't pay the "designer" for a table layout in 2010! ouch

[eluser]humbertoizaiah[/eluser]
The first level is to start with HTML as become proficient in HTML to jump to PHP, JavaScript, XML, ROR, Flex, Flash, Photoshop. After a while, you become rough in web design.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB