• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free text search on encrypted data

[eluser]happyeddie[/eluser]
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be storing data in a database that has been encrypted using the encryption class. However I was just thinking how can you do a free text search on the database if all the data is encrypted? Or is this not possible?

Thanks

[eluser]mi6crazyheart[/eluser]
Simple way: Retrieve data from table > Decrypt it > Run u'r search algorithm over decrypt data

[eluser]Yash[/eluser]
Create View in MySQl of decrypted data and use like ordinary table.

[eluser]happyeddie[/eluser]
Great, thanks for the suggestions Smile

[eluser]gyo[/eluser]
Just keep in mind that if your table has a -huge- number of records you might have memory problems.

[eluser]jsfmills[/eluser]
Public Key encryption uses a different style of algorithm.Encryption is deterministic.Searching encrypted data is troublesome,since you have to decrypt it to search it.I use a password keeper program that has a notes field, so this is another way to store encrypted notes that many people may already have but maybe didn't think about storing notes there.

[eluser]deloneblack[/eluser]
I will be storing data in a database that has been encrypted with the kind of cryptography. However, I thought you can make a free text search in the database if all data is encrypted.

[eluser]deloneblack[/eluser]
You have probably heard a lot about object oriented programming. And if the Java programming language is your first experience with an object-oriented languages you are probably wondering what all the talk about.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon