Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter Hosting

[eluser]Josh K[/eluser]
[quote author="pbreit" date="1281443453"]
Quote:That is some of the most overpriced hosting I’ve seen. SliceHost is my go-to host for basic stuff. If I need something more robust but temporary I look at Rackspace Cloud. Setting up Apache / PHP5 is easy, there is plenty of help around. No need to pay $60 / month when you can get the same for $20 and a little extra work.

Don't listen to Josh. Cloudigniter starts at $0 and tops out at $28.50 for shared hosting.

But the fact remains that pretty much every hosting provider likely supports CodeIgniter. CodeIgnite is just plain ole PHP...nothing fancy.[/quote]

There are much better options even for shared hosting. Run down costs for 1&1. $3.99 / month gets you 10GB of disk space, no monthly transfer cap, an included domain, and ten MySQL dbs.

All for the convenience of what? Having them upload CI for you? :question:

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Well I pay $40.00 a year with unlimited everything.

InsiteFX

[eluser]Josh K[/eluser]
[quote author="InsiteFX" date="1281517202"]Well I pay $40.00 a year with unlimited everything.

InsiteFX[/quote]

Where do you get that?

[eluser]Clooner[/eluser]
Actually a good tip for finding a new host is looking for what problems others had with the host.

That is also why I went for webfaction, they didn't get bad reviews anywhere.

They are highly recommended! Plus the shared hosting package they offer is better than most vps packages out there. Check it out!

[eluser]deloneblack[/eluser]
A2 Hosting is pleased to announce that CodeIgniter is compatible with all our web hosting packages. CodeIgniter is a lightweight and easy to use PHP application framework. This framework will greatly accelerate the number of web development as it provides the libraries which can be used for common tasks, and developers need to create code from scratch.

[eluser]cideveloper[/eluser]
Hostgator seems to have a really good sale on right now for Black Friday

[eluser]Pschilly[/eluser]
on the Web... with Schilly also provides hosting that is 100% Codeigniter compatible.

Also, be careful with some hosts that say you get unlimited resources... Read the TOS and see how they define 'unlimited' most of them define it as Unlimited Resources as long as you don't use the service for anything other than websites or anything and if you use too many resources some even withdraw the "unlimited" and start charging. Be careful and read the TOS if they are claiming unlimited resources.

[eluser]pbreit[/eluser]
I'm starting to think that cloud hosting prices have come down that it can be a good idea to learn how to run your own server, and not too expensive. You can get a year of an Amazon EC2 "micro" instance for free. And RackSpace cloud starts at $8/month. Load up an Ubuntu 10.04 instance and it's pretty easy to get a LAMP server going.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB