Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgnitor book?

[eluser]worchyld[/eluser]
I found this book on CodeIgnitor. Has anyone bought it?
http://www.packtpub.com/codelgniter-php-...k#indetail

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
why would you buy that? just read the user_guide

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
I found it also, would be interresting about feedbacks on this book before buy it, because I am just afraid that it is only a "CI user guide remake".

[eluser]John Fuller[/eluser]
Very cool, you can buy and review at Amazon too. I like the user guide also but I am sure there are people who will appreciate this. Nice find!

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
But if it´s only a “CI user guide remake” then you have a printed copy of the user guide for your toilet, which someone could find usefull ..

[eluser]John Fuller[/eluser]
[quote author="gunter" date="1190494292"]But if it´s only a “CI user guide remake” then you have a printed copy of the user guide for your toilet, which someone could find usefull ..[/quote]

Extra toilet paper? The book can't be THAT bad. Wink

[eluser]llbbl[/eluser]
best way to check content if amazon doesnt have that preview thing is to goto local bookstore.

[eluser]Jim OHalloran[/eluser]
I've requested a copy of the book to review. I'll post the review in the forums and on my blog if they send me a copy.

Jim.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
I've got a copy, and in fact, was a reviewer (with Rick) of the text during its development. I just put up a review of Codeigniter for Rapid PHP Application Development on my blog if you're interested.

[eluser]Paul Scott[/eluser]
I have this book. My boss ordered it for me after I told him I was going to try out CodeIgniter on the current project that we're doing.

I was looking for a clear-cut, "This is MVC: Put this here, this here and this here," which it gave. I was hoping for a few more complex examples on how you might re-structure a large (more traditionally developed) PHP application for an MVC framework, which I guess must come with experience and frequent use.

Would I buy this book _after_ reading it? No, probably not (sorry). Why? Well, it's not for it's lack of content or examples or because the author hasn't managed to explain something without being over-technical -- the book was well-written and the content was good -- it was just frustrating to read because the text was butt ugly. Stupid? Perhaps. But it bugged me all the way through.

Edit: But I do stress that the content and style of the book is good.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB