CodeIgnitor book?

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
Reading you Derek and Paul, I definitively won't buy this book, it sounds like the User guide and the community support makes this book useless.

I think what we need, is more a book based on a full application developpement, a step by step by exemple of a real world application based on CI. Let's say the author take a main subject like the build of a blog system based on CI with backend, and chapter by chapter show us a method, tips, etc... to come at the end with a full blog with RSS, backend CMS, etc... First, taking a real world exemple will make the book even more interresting to read and folow, second, it let the reader imagine things what really exists.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Just to be clear, it isn't my advice not to buy this book - rather that its important to understand where you fall on the spectrum of intended audience, and from there to judge of how much value you think the book will be. Smile

[eluser]Paul Scott[/eluser]
[quote author="Derek Allard" date="1190671207"]Just to be clear, it isn't my advice not to buy this book - rather that its important to understand where you fall on the spectrum of intended audience, and from there to judge of how much value you think the book will be. Smile[/quote]Yes, I think the book will hold a lot of merit to it's geared audience.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Nice to be here. First symfony.
Now this great application framework for PHP.

Ok, the online manual is great.
However, I bought this book for two reasons:

a) Books are good promotion for software anyway.
Do not forget. If it sells good, other books will follow.

b) Don't search for an hour to find things.
Buy a book, it costs You less in the long run.

Can't wait to receive it.

Best regards,

DEBO Jurgen
Webapplication Developer
BELGIUM

[eluser]tobben[/eluser]
Its a good book. But the shipping time to norway was so incredible long, so when I got the book I had already learned a lot of the content by using the manual and just playing with CI on my own.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew