Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
problem with my site on IIS

[eluser]adekenny[/eluser]
Hi,

As regarding the problem i'm having with the site i developed with codeigniter which i recently uploaded to a IIS server, the error message has now changed to what is shown below:

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\HostingSpaces\wisdomex\wisdomexploits.com\wwwroot\test\index.php:1)

Filename: errors/error_404.php

Line Number: 1

404 Page Not Found
The page you requested was not found.

Any idea what this means or what i need to do?

I'm thinking of moving the site to a Linux server, will codeigniter be fine on that platform?...

I mean, has there been a reported problem with codeigniter on Linux?

Thanks

[eluser]Maglok[/eluser]
I run CodeIgniter apps on both a linux server and a windows IIS server.

Do you by chance have a .htaccess defined? Cause IIS doesn't do that by default. Thus 'hiding the index.php' for example won't work out of the box. That also means routing gets a bit tricky cause IIS is using it's web.config to determine what pages to load.

Explanation of the warning in detail: It cannot modify the header information cause it is outputting that PHP error. Check the PHP error logs for more info should work. Also it cannot seem to find the proper 404 page.

Thanks for your reply...

I'm used to Apache web server and didn't know anything about how to define the .htaccess for IIS. I've been in this since last week and nobosy mentioned that.

The initial error message i was getting is:

Warning: require(system/codeigniter/Common.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\HostingSpaces\wisdomex\wisdomexploits.com\wwwroot\system\codeigniter\CodeIgniter.php on line 38

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘system/codeigniter/Common.php’ (include_path=’.;C:\\php5\\pear’) in C:\HostingSpaces\wisdomex\wisdomexploits.com\wwwroot\system\codeigniter\CodeIgniter.php on line 38

The thread for reply i got is: http://ellislab.com/forums/newreply/163644/

Maybe your solution might fix the problem....please provide me with more information.

Thanks

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
.htaccess is an Apache technology, the IIS equivalent is using ISAPI rewrite.

The "headers already sent by <file> on line 1" question has been asked and answered dozens of times.

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/161800/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB