Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
DX_AUTH Bug

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi every body,

In library dx_auth i found a kind of bug, this is about the use of crypt() algorithm. When i was install this autentication library for the very first time, i do it at a linux machine (Debian OS), then, while i got a new job, my old machine was relegated to his box, then i move all my stuff to a mac book with OS 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard), and i try to use my old user-password combination but, oh surpirise, they didn't work.

I was trying to figuring out what the hell was happening and i didn't understand anything, well, all answers pointed to my stupidity, but i'm not this kind of stupid person.

I opened the source code and I decided to inspect, WTF is going on. I found a function, the crypt function. I realized that this function works in a different way on three of most popular operating systems: Linux, Mac OS and Windows, why? i don't know, but they result hashes aren't the same although is the same function.

Well, i think i found a solution, after some testings i decided to switch the crypt() to sha1() algorithm. Sha1 works in the same way at the three OS that i've mentioned. I switched the algorithm at every method where crypt was used for sha1.

If you please i can post the library with this modification.

I hope some one want to watch the modification to clarify doubts or replies about this post...

[eluser]victorche[/eluser]
@byteStriker, DX_Auth is a library, developed and contributed by other people from the community. It is not an official part of CI. This sub forum is for bugs, only related to CI. You can post this information in the topic, which is connected with DX_Auth. I don't think this is the best place for this problem.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
@victorche Greets and thanks, i didn't found any place to post this bug, i've try to post at dexcell site, but there i can not do it.
I'm still looking for a better place.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB