Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CICON2010 - Modular CI

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
[quote author="eokorie" date="1282661661"]This sounds like a great solution for some of the issues I have encountered with other modular plugins for CI. Will this also support config files in modules?[/quote]

Version 1.5 is now available for download in the Wiki.

Changes:
* You can now use an alternative object name when loading the module.
This allows you to map a long name on disk to a short name in your code. It also decouples the name on disk from the object used in the code.
This can help you in situations where the module name on disk is variable (p.e. if a user can upload a new module).
* Config files are now supported in modules for libraries in that same module.
* New syntax to load a module library using a $config array (to configure the library at runtime, which overrides a file in the config folder).

Instructions and examples are updated in the wiki to reflect these new features.

[eluser]eokorie[/eluser]
Wow that was quick... Thanks!

It get's better. ;-)

Version 1.6 is now available for download in the Wiki.

Changes:
* support for controller return values for better HMVC support ( thanks n0xie for suggesting it! )
* support for loading module models "ORM style" ( tested with Datamapper DMZ ).

Instructions and examples are updated in the wiki to reflect these new features.

[eluser]Buso[/eluser]
Ouch, seems like an impressive hack WanWizard. Does it add much overhead?

I would appreciate that you check the approach to modularity I used for the framework in my signature when I publish it (as soon as I finish writing the docs I will do it)

Thanks for your constant contributions!

Hardly any.

The Module library contains the driver classes that do the work, and they only contain the code for the __get() and __call() magic methods, just enough the load the requested files and do a bit of error handling. Per method just a handful of lines of code.

I'll keep an eye on your efforts, you todo list looks impressive!

Please continue discussions, ask new questions, or give comments and suggestions in the new thread:

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/165613/

[eluser]nmormino[/eluser]
Any chance that this will work it's way into reactor?

Why don't you suggest it?

Although I don't think something like HMVC should be 'bolted on' like it is today, it should be fully integrated into the framework.
Which unfortunately means some significant structural changes, which I understand the Reactor team is not looking at at the moment...

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Just downloaded revision eb89901713cd from Bitbucket and can't get it working with CI 2.1.2. Is this going to be continued? (revision dates from last year) If so, is there a chance you guys are going to check on that or create a full working 'example' installation (with CI)?

Haven't looked at it anymore, as I don't develop using CI anymore, and haven't had to upgrade an existing project that uses it.

But I can see if I can find the time to look at it. What's the definition of "doesn't work"?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB