Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[SOLVED] Problem, help: modular extension based application working on windows localhost (xampp) is giving errors on lin

[eluser]takasia[/eluser]
What I have:

app_folder/modules/123456/
|_ controllers/start.php
|_ models/...
|_ views/...

called like this:

http://localhost/my_ci/index.php/123456/start

on windows localhost (xampp) works great,
BUT when I put the application on linux server,
it crashes with this error:
Quote:An Error Was Encountered

Unable to load your default controller. Please make sure the controller specified in your Routes.php file is valid.

I have default controller set up in routes.php (saved in app_folder/config) as "auth" - and the auth controller is NOT in the modules folder, but directly in app_folder\controllers.

All the app works fine - just the module part is giving errors.

The ME I use (I don't know if there is any different :-P) is HMVC, the php5 version (my server is php5).

Any hints?

[eluser]takasia[/eluser]
OK, got the guy :-P

The problem was "symbolic link" -> looks like you can symlink anything you want, BUT the main your_app/controllers folder.

If you do this and try to use the HMVC modular extension - you will get the error above.

I didn't check if it would work with linking files instead folder - but I think it's best not to try.

[eluser]costicanu[/eluser]
I have the same problem, in Wamp works fine, on Linux, I have the error:
Unable to load your default controller. Please make sure the controller specified in your Routes.php file is valid.

I use HMVC and my default controller is located in modules/pages/controllers/pages.php

In my routes.php file I have $route['default_controller'] = "pages";
Did you found why on windows works fine and when upload it on linux crashes?

I fixed it! Strange thing!!! On Windows in my apps folder I don't have 'controllers' and 'models' folders. I deleted them because I have HMVC and I put everything in modules. ON Wamp works fine, but on Linux, is not! I added those folders in my app folder from linux and now everything is fine, I think is enough to add only 'controllers' folder, but I added 'models' too, just in case...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB