Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Help Installing / Getting Started

[eluser]rizlmilk[/eluser]
I am trying to begin learning CodeIgniter but I am running into some difficulties. I have uploaded all CI files into a folder called 'codeigniter'. I then went into the 'system/application/config/config.php' file and made $config['base_url'] = "http://blowthecart.com/codeigniter/'

Then I followed the first video tutorial on this site to set up blog.php and print Hello World but it is showing a 404 page. I know that CI is working to some extent because it is outputting the 404 page.

Any ideas? This is my first time using a framework so I'm probably overlooking something. Thanks in advance.

[eluser]mi6crazyheart[/eluser]
Do u've any special reason to store all CI files in that "codeigniter" folder. If not, then remove that codeigniter folder & save u'r CI files directly in u'r root...

I only put them there to keep my root folder clean. I'll try it out with everything in my root folder instead.

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
If you have it in a subfolder, check if you have a .htaccess in the root folder. There are apache 404 pages, and CI 404 pages.

Just to be sure, the url should be http://blowthecart.com/codeigniter/index.php/blog

[eluser]CI_avatar[/eluser]
pickupman is right. maybe you have htaccess in your root folder. remove that one then retry. codeigniter works even if its in subfolders.

Moving the 'system' and 'user_guide' folders to the root directory made the index.php print the welcome message, but following the video and text tutorial to print Hello World still didn't work. It still printed out a 404 message. I'll try it once more and edit this message with the results.

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
[quote author="rizlmilk" date="1282555521"]Moving the 'system' and 'user_guide' folders to the root directory made the index.php print the welcome message, but following the video and text tutorial to print Hello World still didn't work. It still printed out a 404 message. I'll try it once more and edit this message with the results.[/quote]

Also, please clarify a apache 404 message or a CI 404. It maybe trivial, but how about posting your blog controller (be sure to use the code button in the editor).

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB