Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Error after transferring CI application to web server

[eluser]Ray Julich[/eluser]
I've create an application on my local computer using CI and Xampp, but when I copied it over to my web server, I'm getting the following errors messages on each page:

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning

Message: mcrypt_get_iv_size() [function.mcrypt-get-iv-size]: Module initialization failed

Filename: libraries/Encrypt.php

Line Number: 256
Code:

Message: mcrypt_create_iv() [function.mcrypt-create-iv]: Can not create an IV with a size of less then 1 or greater then 2147483647

Line Number: 257
Code:

Message: mcrypt_encrypt() [function.mcrypt-encrypt]: Module initialization failed

Line Number: 258

They point to the following lines in the Encrypt.php library:
Code:
$init_size = mcrypt_get_iv_size($this->_get_cipher(), $this->_get_mode());
        $init_vect = mcrypt_create_iv($init_size, MCRYPT_RAND);
        return $this->_add_cipher_noise($init_vect.mcrypt_encrypt($this->_get_cipher(), $key, $data, $this->_get_mode(), $init_vect), $key);

Am I forgetting to copy over any files from my local computer to the web server? I'm at a loss as to why I'm getting these errors on every page.

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
post the code where you set the cipher and call encode() or decode()

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
The way you initialize mcrypt depends on the version of mcrypt loaded.
As always, Google is your friend...

I'm never calling an encode() or decode() directly from my code. I include library('form_validation') and library('session') in a few on my controllers, but not using those libraries on the particular page I'm getting these errors on.

It could be that libcrypt doesn't match the mcrypt requirement, some ciphers could be missing. Have your admins check that.

On my local computer, I'm using Apache 2.2.X on Windows XP. On my web server, I'm also using Apache 2.2.X, but on Solaris. My local computer's php.ini file says it's using php_mcrypt.dll (File date 12/10/2009). My web server's php.ini file says it's using mcrypt.so (File date 10/14/2009). I'm not sure how to tell if my web server is missin any ciphers or if it's out-of-date.

You can run phpinfo() to get details on your mcrypt installation.

You need your Solaris admin to get libcrypt up to date. Knowing Solaris, that probably means compiling from source...

I got the issue fixed. I'm using the Blastwave php, etc. packages, there was a bug in their most current libmcrypt package release that was missing the ciphers so I had to go back to a previous version of the package. I found my answer on the Blastwave forum.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB