Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Anybody used PHPDevShell? What are pros and cons?

[eluser]jsherk[/eluser]
I have used CodeIgniter for one small project and am looking at other rad frameworks as well. Just wondering is anybody has use PHPDevShell, and how you compare it to CodeIgniter?

Did you switch from PHPDevShell to CodeIgniter, or from COdeIgniter to PHPDevShell?

What are your thoughts on pros and cons of each, or why did you choose one over the other?

Thanks

[eluser]Jondolar[/eluser]
Looks like a completely different type of product.

From their website:
PHPDevShell would typically be used to develop back-end systems for company processes. It is not a CMS (Content Management System) or an MVC Framework and nor does it pretend to be one of those solutions. PHPDevShell is essentially a ready made GUI application where you can immediately start with the development work that matters most, your application. For security and usability it already provides you with user registration and management, role management, group management, access rights security, important system settings, templates, control panels, cronjob management, menu management, plugin management etc.

Ready made GUI application vs. a framework. You probably need to decide which approach is best for you.

[eluser]jsherk[/eluser]
Yes, I did read their website, and it does appear to be very different which is why I am just looking for somebody that may have used it before and can say what was good/bad about it as compared to CodeIgniter.

I suppose I will just have to develop a small application with (like I did with CodeIgniter) and see how it goes.

Thanks

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
Knowingly asking for people to compare two things that are completely different?

o.O

[eluser]pbreit[/eluser]
Similar enough to be comparable, IMO.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB