Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Mirroring a remote folder into another remote folder

[eluser]gvillavizar[/eluser]
Hello,

I have a server online that will work as a repository, all my CI files will be there updated to the latest version.

What I want is to ftp one file (or one ci installation) to run it, so that it will automatically connect to my repo server and mirror specific folders (controllers, models but NOT views) on the destination server.

How can I achieve that?

[eluser]bretticus[/eluser]
[quote author="gvillavizar" date="1282773872"]
What I want is to ftp one file (or one ci installation) to run it, so that it will automatically connect to my repo server and mirror specific folders...[/quote]

To run what? The sync? Can you be more specific?

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
http://rsync.samba.org/

[quote author="bretticus" date="1282774481"][quote author="gvillavizar" date="1282773872"]
What I want is to ftp one file (or one ci installation) to run it, so that it will automatically connect to my repo server and mirror specific folders...[/quote]

To run what? The sync? Can you be more specific?[/quote]

To run that specifically file I uploaded. I need to move my full CI installation from one server to another constantly, and I want to do it by only uploading one file to ftp the controllers and models for me each time.

So you want to upload a PHP file that gets executed and automatically downloads an application folder (and possibly codeigniter core code?)

[quote author="bretticus" date="1282775640"]So you want to upload a PHP file that gets executed and automatically downloads an application folder (and possibly codeigniter core code?)[/quote]

Exactly. If it can be done with only one file, if not, I have no problem in uploading a clean copy of codeigniter, what I don't want is to have to move every controller/model manually each time.

How often is an rsync client availiable on these servers?

Hello guys,

To clarify things up, I updated a wordpress plugin today and saw exactly what I wanted to achieve.

How can I get this done with CodeIgniter?

Code:
Updating Plugin Akismet (1/1)
Downloading update from http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/akismet.2.4.0.zip…
Unpacking the update…
Installing the latest version…
Removing the old version of the plugin…
Plugin upgraded successfully.

[eluser]smilie[/eluser]
Oke, now you are talking about some installation script.
There is more then 'simply' copying files. You also have to check which file is currently present, if update is available etc. Not quite so simple :-)

You will have to write a complete installation script for this one I guess...

Regards,
Smilie

[quote author="smilie" date="1283803757"]Oke, now you are talking about some installation script.
There is more then 'simply' copying files. You also have to check which file is currently present, if update is available etc. Not quite so simple :-)

You will have to write a complete installation script for this one I guess...

Regards,
Smilie[/quote]

I know how to check for files, I have done installation scripts before...what I want to know is how can I get the latest .tar.gz file from a online server and then download it to another server...from there, I already know how to unzip it and move the required files.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB