Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Modular Extensions - HMVC version 5.3

[eluser]Peccavio[/eluser]
[quote author="hasokeric" date="1284743044"]
why would anyone want to use wiredesignz code
[/quote]

It's the quality and usefulness of the code Smile
Publishing it doesn't require him to teach.

@Ener1 - hvmc-an-introduction-and-application

[eluser]pilotdev[/eluser]
Hi there,

Firstly, I greatly appreciate your dedication and effort on 5.3. This is my first time using an HMVC framework in CI and I love it!

So I installed a fresh version of CI2.0 from the lastest build. I then followed the instructions exactly as mentioned and when I try to make a database query I get an error:

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: controllers/welcome.php

Line Number: 14

I'm 90% sure I did everything correctly. I've attached my source as I've configured it...take a look yourself. I'm running on latest PHP5 and MySQL5.

My other question is, I want to use an ORM solution and I've been looking at DataMapper Overzelous but I'm not sure if it will play nice with ME + CI2.0. Can someone provide insight?

Thanks again!

[quote author="pilotdev" date="1284785117"]
So I installed a fresh version of CI2.0 from the lastest build.
I then followed the instructions exactly as mentioned and when I try to make a database query I get an error:
[/quote]

This is the author's thread on Modular Extension !
Doubtful anyone will respond to "I can't get CI 2.0 to query".

If your code is working with CI 1.7.2 and not with CI 2.0,
Might take a look at http://philsturgeon.co.uk/news/2010/05/u...gniter-2.0
If you don't have the code working with 1.7.2, might want to start there.

Code and Application Development would be a better place to ask such questions

Quote:My other question is, I want to use an ORM solution and I've been looking at DataMapper Overzelous but I'm not sure if it will play nice with ME + CI2.0.

Current thread for DMZ is http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/149388/

Hi there,

I posted it here because it's an issue that I noticed when directly applying the ME to the latest CI2.0 codebase. I ran my query (you can see in the sample zip I've uploaded) without ME installed, then with ME installed and it's definitely breaking as a result of ME - unless I'm using it incorrectly (doubt that).

Note I haven't bothered with 1.7.2, I've been working exclusively within CI2.0 with the simple possible controller, just a single query I added to welcome.php.

Again I'm quite sure I followed the install instructions, not sure why it's not working after spending 3-4 hours at it. Arg.

You don't have a model class and accessing db directly from controller
http://net.tutsplus.com/articles/news/co...tch-day-1/
This tutorial's code will show you how to fix that.

The following tutorial shows setting up CI 1.7 with HMVC and a simple login app
http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/php/hv...plication/

Also you should read this thread's postings...

--> You will need to use MX_Controller instead of Controller for this version of ME to work properly

Code:
class Welcome extends MX_Controller {

function __construct()
    {
        parent::__construct();
    }

I appreciate your help on this and will attempt the changes.

You're being quite the smug individual. Yes, I realise that I should be using a model and I didn't think it would make a difference just for testing. As for not reading the thread, I'm sorry but there's just so much to parse and read over.

Again thank you, but sheesh you're harsh. I assume you receive a lot of silly requests...I was honestly stumped here though.

Regards.

[quote author="pilotdev" date="1284800146"]I assume you receive a lot of silly requests...I was honestly stumped here though.[/quote]
I don't mean to be smug or harsh... this is not my thread.

Edit: Sorry you were offended

You are being totally and excessively smug + harsh, if you realise it or not. I've built 3-4 projects on CI-1.7.2 each with increasing complexity and proper MVC use. I don't see how I could have possibly known to use MX_Controller.

Anyways, whatever. Thanks.

I am curious because someone asked me...
what version of php is required for HMVC?
Will it work ok with php 5.2 or need 5.3??

[eluser]nfx-nano[/eluser]
Hello, this is real useful. However, there are no instructions for including module paths. I would like to include modules that reside outside of /app. Is this possible?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB