Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
File Uploads across domains

[eluser]tribalab[/eluser]
Hey guys,

I am using CI to build an administrative site that sits on my.domain.com and allows company staff and customers, to manage the content of the site, and customer profiles, with roles etc. So far everything is going well. I am impressed with how easy and flexible everything is. Really, great work!

I am planning to allow the uploads of large files that will need to be live on cdn.domain.com. The challenge is planning how to handle file uploads that happen within the CI framework* but having the assets stored off server. I realize that this isn't a pure CI question, but would appreciate the advise or warnings that you might have. Maybe there's some libs out there that can help me here?

My current best theory is to:
1 user submits form in CI, directed at cd.domain.com, included variables for redirect back to CI
2 on cdn.domain.com, we handle the upload, move, name the file, return the filename, path, and userid to CI
3 in CI I catch the vars, pass them to the model and update the db, then show a results view

Does that sound reasonable? There a much better way to get this done? I don't like directing my CI view's forms to another server, but I'm not that experienced with this stuff and that's what I'd do to get the job done w/o a fance framework :o).

Best,
Aaron

* Anyone know if there's a solid CI upload tool with upload progress for 100M files?

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
A much easier way to do this: User Guide - FTP Class

As far as upload progress goes - research some of the flash solutions that are available for this.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB