Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Can't get tank_auth to work. Model "usertemp" can't be located?

[eluser]robrrt[/eluser]
Hey everyone,

I started using CodeIgniter a week ago or so after having programmed PHP for three years and absolutely love it. I now installed tank_auth and tried to start playing with it, but opening index.php/auth/login (or register) does not work and shows an error message:
Code:
An Error Was Encountered
Unable to locate the model you have specified: usertemp

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? I followed the installation closely and didn't change any code.

Thanks!

[eluser]Nick_MyShuitings[/eluser]
Check in your model folder if you have a file called usertemp.php ... That is what the error is telling you. Perhaps you dind't copy it in properly?

[eluser]robrrt[/eluser]
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the answer. I already checked the model folder - no file called usertemp.php. But looking at the tank_auth download there is no usertemp.php there either. Even more strange: the tank_auth controller does not ever mention a usertemp. I couldn't find any code requesting that file.

I also don't have the file in my version, nor do I get the error. When did you donwload the files? would you like a zip of my version (working in two sites at the moment)?

[eluser]robrrt[/eluser]
Downloaded it this morning from the official site: http://www.konyukhov.com/soft/tank_auth/
A zip would be awesome, if the error would still show up, then at least I'll be sure it's not tank_auth (don't know what else though)

pm me with your email address, its not letting me upload a .rar and says the .zip has a bad mime type blah blah.

[EDIT]: sent, I'm off for the home office, so I wish you luck and we'll see what happens, I'll be afk for a few hours, but will check in on this later.

[eluser]robrrt[/eluser]
Thanks, got it, imported it and am still getting the error. Can't be tank_auth. I'll have to go get some sleep (1am already over here) but will downlaod the whole website tomorrow and do a search over all files. I'll post the results.

Thanks for your help and enjoy the rest of your day Wink

[eluser]robrrt[/eluser]
Couldn't wait until tomorrow after all.
Downloaded the whole site, searched it for usertemp and found an old file from FreakAuth which ,by the way, is terrible. It works now and looks really promising Smile If you sometimes get around to have it work with permissions and roles that would be perfect I guess!

Thank you again. If this was reddit you'd get a shitload of karma Wink

Hahaha, I'm glad it worked... Enjoy, and I'll keep this thread and the other in mind for whenever I decide to write some documentation on the roles/permissions.

(sidenote, I also lurk on reddit, this site broke my lurking string a few weeks ago regarding the Formation library.)

Cheers, and get some rest. Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB