Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
File name case-sensitive

[eluser]chengfeng[/eluser]
I think my error is caused by case-sensitive. My OS is Debian Linux. I think if i change the php.ini configuration file, it will be better. But i don't know which point should i change. Before i use CI with Windows; it works. Here is the error:
Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: require(/var/www/system/libraries/URI.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Filename: codeigniter/Common.php

Line Number: 127

Code:
Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/var/www/system/libraries/URI.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/system/codeigniter/Common.php  on line 127

Thanks for helping!!!

[eluser]smilie[/eluser]
What is the filename on your OS (Debian)?
Is the path correct? And are privileges set correctly (so that web server may access that file)?

Regards,
Smilie

That file is CI file. You see URI.php in require(/var/www/system/libraries/URI.php). In /var/www/system/libraries, the file name is lower-case (uri.php) not upper-case. So, if i rename uri.php to URI.php; it works. And then it will show another the same error "/var/www/system/database/DB.php". Then I rename db.php to DB.php; it works, Then another one.

I think it has something to modify in php.ini to make it case-insensitive.But I don't know what i should change. Hope you understand what i say. Sorry for my bad English.

[eluser]smilie[/eluser]
Hm, default installation of CI has both of those names in upper case (DB.php URI.php etc).
I do not know how did you manage to get them to lowercase? Smile

Maybe the best thing would be to re-install CI?

Regards,
Smilie

[eluser]Georgi Budinov[/eluser]
Well generally linux is case-sensitive, Windows - not. php.ini has nothing to do with your problem. I have a codeigniter install here and I looked at the system files ... URI library is upper case, DB too. So I assume that you haven't installed the system folder ok. BTW what version CI are you using ?

I use Version 1.7.2. You are right; Linux is case-sensitive. I also put the new CI in my www directory on Linux. This time is a new CI, it should show the welcome page, but the same error as the old one is shown.
In the codeigniter/Common.php, the URI.php is upper-case, but in the www/system/libraries/ , the URI.php is lower-case.
Thanks for reply!

[eluser]Georgi Budinov[/eluser]
Perhaps some kind of problem in extracting the zip ? I just downloaded the framework - all is fine there.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB