Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
codeigniter and cruisecontrol

[eluser]andychurchill[/eluser]
hello all,

I've just been getting my new dev environment set up, it's taking some time but I think it'll be worthwhile.

I've got a local dev machine, with a LAMP stack on it, plus an svn client, and Netbeans for PHP. My projects will be housed under a root folder along the lines of this:

projects
- clientName
- assets (contains psds, images, etc)
- website
- NBProject
- src
- public_html
- img
- js
- css
- system
- application
- anotherClientName
- assets
- website
- etc

My SVN repository is per clientName, so each repository contains all assets and web files.

For my normal non-CI projects, I've started adding CruiseControl and unit tests to the mix on a second server, so it's quite simple to just use the src folder for any project as the root for the Continuous Integration build.

But for CI projects, there's a whole bunch of code that I've not written that will be in that src folder. I guess the obvious thing is to just include specific folders within the application folder (modals, views, controllers) so that it only includes files I've created, but I wondered if anyone else had any experience of this kind of setup that can advise me if I'm going to run into trouble with what I'm considering?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB