Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
404 not found problem when transferred to another server

[eluser]mickeyboy[/eluser]
When I transferred the site to a new server, I get 404 not found error when accessing the root of the domain and any other pages. I changed the route and this is its content:

$route['default_controller'] = "home";
$route['scaffolding_trigger'] = 'scaffolding';
$route['admin'] = "admin/home";
$route['index'] = "home";
$route['logout'] = "home/logout";
$route['profile/(:num)'] = "profile/index/user/$1";
$route['contacts/(:num)'] = "contacts/index/user/$1";
$route['groups/main/(:num)'] = "groups/main/groupid/$1";

$route['autosuggest/contact_list/(:any)/(:any)/(:any)'] = "autosuggest/contact_list/q/$1/limit/$2/timestamp/$3";

I changed baseurl under config file to the new domain and changed $config['uri_protocol'] to "AUTO"

When I tried accessing www.domain.com/index.php this is what i get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/content/b/i/g/bigelite/html/application/models/generalm.php on line 25

Any help would be very much appreciated. thanks!

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
In general just moving your site couldn't cause a syntax error in your code (with the exception of using eval() somewhere ).

So my first question would be: have you checked line 25 of generalm.php?

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1284391767"]In general just moving your site couldn't cause a syntax error in your code (with the exception of using eval() somewhere ).

So my first question would be: have you checked line 25 of generalm.php?[/quote]

Given the context of the error, many times the error will be on a preceding line where a syntax error has happened. Perhaps you have missing closing curly brace on a function declared above it.

[eluser]mickeyboy[/eluser]
your problem is with the php version. i fixed that syntax error problem. although it still returns 404 error not found.

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
Are you getting an apache 404 or a CI 404 error? If you are getting a CI 404 error bump error level in your application/config/config.php file, and check your system logs.

The one line in your routes seems a bit suspicious, try removing it once.
Code:
$route['index'] = "home";

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB