Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
SMTP emailer black magic

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello,

I seem to have hit a wall on ideas on how to figure out a problem, which is as follows:

I cannot seem to send out an e-mail using SMTP through my codeigniter code.

What makes this so perplexing is that the code works on my local machine. I am using WAMP with Apache 2.2.11, PHP5.3, and MySql 5.1.36. What I am doing is taking the code from the WAMP /www directory and moving over to my /var/www apache directory on my remote Linux machine. Everything else in the code works after I move it over, EXCEPT the emailing functionality.

My first thought was that the Linux machine (running CentOS5, php 5.3) was somehow blocking the SMTP request. So I checked my iptables everything was fine. I then checked if I could connect via telnet. I can.

Then I thought perhaps a different mail plugin would work. Through my Google searches I found this blog http://www.lavluda.com/2008/05/19/phpmai...gniter-ci/ describing a plugin called PHPMailer, although older I thought I'd give it a try. So I downloaded it, loaded it into my LOCAL codeigniter project and saw that it was working. I then moved over the changes to my Linux machine and again, no go!

The last thing I've checked was to created a test.php using the plugin in a directory and then executing it via the php-cli it worked! So I know the plugin works remotely. I know I can connect to everything I need to, I know the code works locally, I just can't get my code to work remotely.

Arg, I'm at my wits end Smile Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB