[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1285086192"]
Code:
class Welcome extends MX_Controller {

function __construct() {
       parent::__construct();
    }

}
[/quote]

thank you, ww. truly apprec. it... thx for remaining active here - though you're a yii fan (think saw that somewhere on these threads).

wondering why config files in modules, ie....

Code:
modules/welcome/config/config.php

aren't automatically loaded outta the gate...

i know I can put a 'hook' in there to always look for them - as I've seen in another video somewhere, but just would'a thought that there would be some sorta 'normative' automated way of doing such...

just trying to understand..., cuz I def. see the reason for having diff. config files... certainly and not knowing which one to auto-load, but also if there was the following:

modules/welcome/config/welcome_config.php (where welcome => module name , welcome_config =>matching config file would be the [in this example] obvious choice to autoload as a config file).

in addition, this syntax...

Code:
class Welcome extends MX_Controller { ...

as you aided me with above, certainly helped... and am I to assume that if i modify the outta-da-box MX-HMVC /core/library file "MY_Controller.php" to contain also...

Code:
class MY_Controller extends MX_Controller {}

I could change the above

Code:
.... extends MX_Controller

to...

Code:
class Welcome extends MY_Controller { ...

right?

[eluser]wortell[/eluser]
[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1284685818"]Modular Extensions - HMVC version 5.3 is PHP5 only. So use __construct() instead.[/quote]

so just so I'm clear... why should we use the __construct due to php5 only stuff... is it only because we reference the parent::__construct ? because I too am used to using the more loose way of parent::_class_i_am_extending;

thanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB