Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
LAMMP 1.7.3 and CodeIgniter

[eluser]dunicorn[/eluser]
I have been working on different web projects with codeigniter such as www.jaara.biz, www.eduedge.blossomhillschools.com e.t.c .... for the past one year. But most of my development was done on my windows machine with XAMMP 1.7.1 .... but switching this same project to my Linux machine with LAMMP is bringing out errors ....

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /opt/lampp/htdocs/www.blossomhills.com/system/codeigniter/Common.php on line 130

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /opt/lampp/htdocs/www.blossomhills.com/system/codeigniter/Common.php on line 136
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Filename: codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php

Line Number: 60
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: require(/opt/lampp/htdocs/www.blossomhills.com/system/libraries/URI.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Filename: codeigniter/Common.php

Line Number: 116

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/opt/lampp/htdocs/www.blossomhills.com/system/libraries/URI.php' (include_path='.:/opt/lampp/lib/php') in /opt/lampp/htdocs/www.blossomhills.com/system/codeigniter/Common.php on line 116

can somebody tell me what's wrong???

[eluser]eoinmcg[/eluser]
the deprecated error is because your lampp setup is using a more recent version of php (most likely 5.3.x). if you don't want to see these errors either, update your codeigniter or, in index.php, change error reporting to:
Code:
error_reporting (E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE ^ E_DEPRECATED);

as for failing to open files, check you've set $system_path and $application_folder correctly in index.php. you'll also want to make sure all files and directories have the relevant permissions

[eluser]dunicorn[/eluser]
tx eoinmcg ... CI now rocks on my Linux machine .... I love this.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB