Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
blank page after upload to hosting

[eluser]weirdo[/eluser]
what need i check if i got blank page on my index? this only happen where i was upload my project to web hosting... everything fine on my localhost..
the only thing i change was on config.php set the base_url.

[eluser]techgnome[/eluser]
Good question... I've got a similar issue -> http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/167532/

In short, since I'm a developer, I don't mind rolling up my sleeves and getting dirty with the code, so that's what I'm doing. Bleh. If I find anything, I'll be sure to report back here.

-tg

[eluser]techgnome[/eluser]
Are you using just the default ci layout as it was in the download?

That's what I ended up doing. cleaning everything out, setting the base_url and loading it to the host... then I started adding in my changes one by one... turned out my problem was the name of my controller. I was foolishly trying to use "View" ... which apparently was conflicting with the "view" from CI. If you're using just the default layout of CI, then there's something else wrong.

One thing you may want to do, it take the Application folder that's inside the system folder and move it out one level. This will put system and application at the same level, and both should be in the root that's pointed to by the base url.

-tg

[eluser]Bas Vermeulen[/eluser]
If you haven't done so already: check your logs, or enable logging @ config.php if it's not. Does it contain any useful information?

[eluser]weirdo[/eluser]
ok.. i was clear all the file in the hosting and upload all file again...

i try to make error in localhost where i not upload helper/url_helper.php file and in localhost display :

An Error Was Encountered

Unable to load the requested file: helpers/url_helper.php

everything going right..

where in my hosting not display that error...

any idea what is going on?

[eluser]weirdo[/eluser]
i found the problem...

$config['log_threshold'] = 3;

this about folder permission on the hosting.. you need set the write permision for the log folder to avoid this error/mistake happen...

hope this info helpfull to CI beginner like me :cheese:

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB