Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI Version 1.5.4 Released

[eluser]goingciward[/eluser]
Dear CI development team,
Thank you for the new release!!! I have not been able to find a mention of the fix for the bug with MySql database (http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/50715/) that does not add the '=' sign to the where clause leading to mass updates/deletes.

Was that fixed?

Thank you.

[eluser]OwanH[/eluser]
My thanks and enormous gratitude goes out to you Rick and the whole CI dev team. CI and EE have really helped to make what I do so much more fun, enjoyable and worthwhile. :wow: and :-)

[eluser]MrEnirO[/eluser]
Great news and nice work.

[eluser]SteamSHIFT[/eluser]
Does this fix the bug / security hole thing reported by Secunia?

Cheers

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Thanks all for your kind words. Were pretty proud of it.

[quote author="SteamSHIFT" date="1184431181"]Does this fix the bug / security hole thing reported by Secunia?[/quote]Yes, in fact those have been fixed for weeks before the report came out, but not in the formal release, (in the svn). There have also been a series of other security improvments.

@goingciward: If a bug is in the bug tracker, we'll have marked it as resolved or not. If it isn't in the bug tracker, drop it in there now. We try to aggressively monitor the bug report forum, but sometimes things slip through.

and yeah, autoloading langs does give some nice possibilities for easier i18n applications, we were happy to add it Wink

[eluser]goingciward[/eluser]
Derek,

Thank you for response. I am very surprised though, if the bug is not fixed (http://codeigniter.com/bug_tracker/bug/2541/) with Active Record and its where clause. It may not have been reported in the bug database, but the issue generated so much publicity on the internet and within the CI forum, that it is hard to forget about. More, that the issue is, as I truly believe, a major critical issue.

Sincerely,
goingciward

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
goingciward, I'm sorry that that issue did not get addressed in the recent release, but this is honestly the first I have heard of it. We do not have time to always keep up with all community forum threads, and I certainly didn't see any "publicity on the internet" over the bug. Please read the announcement in the bug forum regarding the purpose of the bug forum vs. the Bug Tracker for clarification on how we these tools are to be used.

[eluser]thachp[/eluser]
kool!

[eluser]Crafter[/eluser]
Let's all hug.

[eluser]whidbey[/eluser]
but still I need to
put "$this->db-query('set names utf8'...in every controler .
not by config.php

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB