Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Vote [Do you prefer to do your own CMS / using existing prewritten CMS]

[eluser]Kaabi[/eluser]
Hello Everybody,

I had my own framework with I was working on it since 2005 till last week. but i discovered that is still weak compared to CI and others frameworks which got bunch of developers was working on it to make such of beautiful useful classes/modules for any developer want.

anyway I had my own CMS which is based on my framework but I don't want to waste my time on it anymore.
so I'm in middle of 2 decision and I hope to take your opinion on it.

is Better to porting my old CMS and re-write it by using CI.
or
is better to use something like PyroCMS or others whose based on CI and start do my own modules on it ?

P.S: I still didn't check PyroCMS licenses as I will use this CMS for commercial purposes.
anyhow did anyone been in such of this decision ? and what you did decide then ?

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
That's an easy one to answer... Smile

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
1) There are no free CMS built on CI which I liked. So, I need to build my own.
2) Why PyroCMS is another variant? Isn't it belongs to "Other CMS"?
3) If you ask not about CI CMS, then depends on project.

[eluser]Kaabi[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1285457400"]That's an easy one to answer... Smile[/quote]

lol its easy for you Wink
thanks for your vote, I'm currently reading exitecms's License agreement.

[eluser]Kaabi[/eluser]
[quote author="Sbioko" date="1285457658"]1) There are no free CMS built on CI which I liked. So, I need to build my own.
2) Why PyroCMS is another variant? Isn't it belongs to "Other CMS"?
3) If you ask not about CI CMS, then depends on project.[/quote]

You have right on being PyroCMS to be with Other CMS, but I was interesting in using PyroCMS so I was need to know if anybody else have same interests in using it on doing from scratch CMS.

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
As I understood from your first message in this thread, you're newbie with CI. I recommend you to "play" with the framework first before developing own CMS or using existing one.

[eluser]Kaabi[/eluser]
[quote author="Sbioko" date="1285458226"]As I understood from your first message in this thread, you're newbie with CI. I recommend you to "play" with the framework first before developing own CMS or using existing one.[/quote]

I just joined CI from 3 days ago. and I was all the past three days reading the user guide and doing some example.

but I'm currently going to next phase to port my old works to be based on CI.
since this a fresh new start to be based on CI Framework. I'm looking for some advises/opinion from you guys. to decide if I do need to use my CMS or using existing one and do my custom developing for it.

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
My advice(I'll repeat): Develop some basic application on CI. Blog, To-Do list, etc... Reading User guide is good but not enough. Trust me. And about CMS, if you want to know CI more deeper, of course build your own CMS. And, believe me, anyway, you will create your own one :-)

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
If $dollars$ are not a problem for you, try ExpressionEngine. It is official CMS from Ellislab built on CI.

[eluser]Kaabi[/eluser]
I'm looking for something to use it for my custom commercials project.
so ExpressionEngine is not suit me for re-pack/sell it as I will need to license it for each custom order

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB