Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
IE 7 and 8 - Tank Auth doesn't login, get intermitant Database connection errors

[eluser]GeXus[/eluser]
I'm using the Tank Auth library for authentication and for some reason in IE 7 and 8, it won't login. It's like the sessions in IE aren't sticking or something, because it doesn't throw any errors.

I'm also getting random "Database Connection" errors, that don't every occur in Firefox, and there's no reason they should be happening.

Any idea why this stuff would be happening only in IE? Are there session issues?

Thank you!

[eluser]GeXus[/eluser]
Okay, So I've started using http://codeigniter.com/wiki/Native_session/

This appears to be working... It was missing a function for sess_destroy() so I just simply copied unset_userdata() and named it sess_destroy().

This seems like a total hack job though for something that's so important... Still open to any more "enterprise" solutions... Could switch away from Tank Auth also, just will be a pain in the ass and will need the replacement to utilize the same PHPASS methods, so the current data works.

Really appreciate any comments.. thank you!

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
There are thread on this already : http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/90364/

[eluser]GeXus[/eluser]
Ok, So I removed the underscore and increased the session length to 72000.

The sess_destroy() does not actually kill the session in IE 8 I'm finding. It still has the session, hence I'm still logged in. When I add back the "Native Session" class, all works good.

[eluser]deed02392[/eluser]
I was developing in a virtual machine, which I suspend when I'm done.

This meant the server time was way out of the browser time.

It turned out this was the issue - I rebooted the server hence bringing its clock up to date, and immediately I was able to login with IE (9). Perhaps for those still in dev or whom don't care, either using 'remember me' or setting the expiration to something much greater could fix this.

<3 Tank Auth

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB