Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Need some general information

[eluser]Twisted1919[/eluser]
The title is not so great, but that's because i need information from distinct areas.
So here we go :
1) For a website like youtube, what are the server requirements (yes i know that isn't about one server, but generally speaking) hardware/http server/php version etc.
2) I know that for processing other video types than flv i need ffmpeg + ffmpeg-php(optionally), what else should i take into consideration while i am converting the videos ?
3) The videos will be stored on separate servers, same for users images,javascripts,css (call them CDN servers if you want, their main purpose is to store and convert content for the users who are closer to them). Is uploadify able to make the upload on another server ?
Regarding the assets, do know any good approach to minify/compress them (having in mind that these will be on separate servers) ?
4)For a good RBAC system, what can you recommend ? Please provide link/example if you can
5)For multi-language support, beside the URI Language identifier from the WIKI (which doesn't work how it should) what options do you recommend ?
I am thinking to save the language translations into database(Could you recommend a good database structure) and use a cache library to serve them. ? Is that overkill ? (I will also save allot of config items into the database, but also will serve them from cache)
6)How to determine the user location ? Using the user agent info is accurate enough ? If not, what service should i rely on, something like geonames.org or geoip ?
They'll have the option to change the language anyway, but when the user is landing on the website, would be nice to show him the content in his own language)
7) For using oAuth(with facebook,twitter,google), i know that i need query strings which CI doesn't support by default (i mean it does, but miserably when using with uri segments and functions like site_url() or anchor() ), and also saw the thread about query strings support in CI, so can i rely that one of the methods from there will work ?

Thanks in advance for any response.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB