Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
When you start a new CI project...

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Didn't know if to post here or in the sticky topic.

As title: what do you all do when you have to start a new project with codeigniter?
I mean, do you download CI 1.7.2/2.0, extract, edit all configurations all the time?
Or have you got a custom installation that you copy/paste into your working directory to save some time? Smile

Yesterday I made "new CodeIgniter project" on GitHub, with:

* application directory at the same level of the system one
* .htaccess file to remove the annoying index.php on URI
* assets directory to better organize css, images and js scrips, Eric Meyer’s reset CSS included
* installation checklist instead of the welcome message
* autoloaded common libraries and helpers
* changed few configs like:
o Global XSS filtering = TRUE
o Session encrypt cookie = TRUE
o Some custom project constants that could be useful

Easy and simple edits.

So, what about you? Big Grin

[eluser]yassir[/eluser]
i do the same thing and i constantly check this site to check if there is a new version or a patch to update my 'template project'

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
I have an initial setup in my repository that contains everything I need to make a flying start.
If I update it, I merge the diffs to projects made with an earlier version, so it's easy to keep things up to date.

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
I do the same thing. I have several different CI configs with the most common libraries I use all configured and set up. They are all committed in GIT. Whenever I start a new project I just need to grab whatever flavor I want to start with and away I go. ACL already set up, admin panel, asset managers, etc. Saves much time and just need to tweak a few things for the "new" project.

And yes, as WanWizard smartly pointed out...it makes updating all of your clients projects a breeze when there are bugfixes, new additions, etc., to "your" core files.

[eluser]pbreit[/eluser]
Are people still using Git more than Mercurial?
Do you keep your stuff on GitHub or BitBucket or on your own server?
What common libraries do you use?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB