Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Integrate or communicate CI with Moodle

[eluser]Agustín Villalba[/eluser]
Hello! I'd like to know if there is any solution to communicate sessions between Moodle and CI. The situation is: I have a Moodle which have a link to my CI application, but I don't want to loose the session in Moodle when the user goes to CI, and the CI application needs to know which user is coming from Moodle.
There's any solution for this??
Thank you very much!!

[eluser]ram4nd[/eluser]
Look into openid maybe you can find something useful, maybe not...

Sorry for my question, but, what is openid?? And where can I look it?? Thank you!!

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
If moodle uses PHP's native sessions, you could try to use this Native session for CI.

Thank you cahva! And, which are the benefits of using that Nativa Session for CI to integrate CI and Moodle??
Thank you again!

[eluser]ram4nd[/eluser]
Benefits? What you want is to get the thing working safely. It will be a challenge.

I know that it will be a challenge, of course. My question is: why do I have to use Native Session?? It's necessary or it's only recommended?? Why I can't use CI sessions??
Thanks.

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
Because CI session defaults using from COOKIE(bad) or database if set. If you need moodle's session information, using native session is the way to go. Benefit of using this native session lib for CI is that you can access those session variables set by moodle the same way you normally use sessions in CI eg. $this->session->userdata('some_session_var_set_from_moodle')

So, if with that library I can access to Moodle session data, I only need to know how Moodle store the information in the session, right? And will Moodle be able to acces to the stored in my sessions??
Thank your very much cahva!!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB