Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
DMZ and Modular Extensions - Not as modular as I would like

[eluser]prestondocks[/eluser]
In my latest application I have started to use Modular Extensions and DMZ.

I am finding however that because of the requirement to define DMZ relationships in model files that I can not make the Modules as modular as I would like.

I.e. I can not just drop in a new module with out editing any existing modules model to define the new relationships.

Ideally I would like to do the following. Assume that I have a users module with a user model and I want to develop a groups module. I would like to define in the groups model (or in some other config file) that user has a one to many relationship with group.

Can anyone think of a way to do this with out editing the user model?

Thanks
Simon

[eluser]Jônatan fróes[/eluser]
I'm not sure if it will help you, but you should try Modular CI - http://codeigniter.com/wiki/Modular_CI/

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Don't think it will.

OP's problem is in DMZ, he wants DMZ table models in existing modules to magically detect that there is a new module installed that contains a model that has relations with those existing models.
DMZ requires that both models contain the definition of the relationship between the two. So, not an HMVC issue.

It's something on my wishlist as well, and the idea I have involves 'mis-using' DMZ's definition caching system.
When enabled, DMZ reads each model's config once, and then create a cache file with all info.
This cache file can be manipulated. How, ..., I'll see that when it reaches the top of my wishlist...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB