Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Must have libraries?

[eluser]leonardteo[/eluser]
Hey guys,

Just a curious shout out to all of you to ask what you regard are the "Must have" libraries for CodeIgniter?

Mine are:
- DataMapper DMZ
- Ion Auth

List yours. I'd love to try out more libraries. Smile

Leonard

[eluser]Rolly1971[/eluser]
A great Modular System:

- Modular CI

[eluser]Jelmer[/eluser]
Modular seperation & HMVC: Modular Extensions

My own caching lib: MP_Cache

My AugmentedCI helper for more logical and global consistent syntax: aCI helper.

Error reporting: UhOh!

Database ORM: RapidDataMapper.

I'm using those in almost all my projects.

[eluser]Dennis Rasmussen[/eluser]
None Smile
I prefer to create everything.

[eluser]Rolly1971[/eluser]
@jelmer

i completely forgot about UhOh! error reporting. This is deff. a must have. Invaluable tool for debugging during development.

@dennis

I agree with you for the most part. I could have created all my own code, but why spend all that extra dev time when you got some great lib's provided here that save one a huge amount of time. Don't get me wrong, the satisfaction of doing everything yourself is quite a powerful pull to code everything ones self.

[eluser]Dennis Rasmussen[/eluser]
@Rolly1971

True true. The only library I would use would be in the category of ORM though.
But it's pretty much easy and quick to create your own CRUD models.

[eluser]cryogenix[/eluser]
I currently faves and lurves the following (bundled) in my clean copy of CI:

Template Library
Modular Extensions
Ion Auth

as for an ORM, I'm still finding (and testing) a good one that handles CI2 very well.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Have a look at Datamapper...

[eluser]cryogenix[/eluser]
actually I already am....
currently weighing options between DMZ and RDM...

I personally hate Doctrine due to a horrific experience migrating from my local dev up to a linux server...

- as for RDM, I ran into problems autoloading it since I'm using Modular Extensions so I'm busting my brains out at this moment.

- and for DMZ, it's still next on the list after I get RDM up and running...

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Datamapper can use the packages feature of CI 2.0 (which can be emulated in 1.7.2), which allows the loader to define extra paths to store model files (in the array $CI->load->_ci_model_paths).

Modular CI already uses this, so Datamapper can autoload models from module directories. I don't know if MX suppports that, you'll have to check with WireDesignz. If not, it would be an easy addition.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB