Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Moving from WAMP to MS Server 2008 R2 (IIS7)

[eluser]Konvurt[/eluser]
This morning I am getting a blank page when I navigate to index.php.

If I point directly to a view I receive a message stating: Call to undefined function base_url() in "filename" line X.

However, the base url is set in the config file.

[eluser]echoDreamz[/eluser]
[quote author="Konvurt" date="1285786593"]This morning I am getting a blank page when I navigate to index.php.

If I point directly to a view I receive a message stating: Call to undefined function base_url() in "filename" line X.

However, the base url is set in the config file.[/quote]

base_url() the method, not the configuration parameters. Are you loading the URL helper? This is where the base_url() method is defined.
Code:
$this->load->helper('url');
or
Code:
$autoload['helper'] = array('url');

Seems you are not loading the URL helper.

[eluser]Konvurt[/eluser]
I am loading the helper in the controller. If it was a problem with the controllers/models/views the same problem would be evident on within my other system. However, as I wrote earlier the application runs fine on my wamp server.

Well obviously PHP is not getting / finding the base_url() method. Which can only mean the file is not being included into the PHP parser at runtime. Or you are using the method before the helper is loaded. Did you overload that helper method with your own?

Providing code would also help diagnose the issue.

[eluser]Konvurt[/eluser]
So I installed a fresh ci copy on the server. It works as expected. Pointing to mydcomain.com/subfolder/index.php/welcome renders the welcome page as expected. However if I pull my code into this clean installation it has the same problem (Error 500).

I have attached the controller, model, and view for my main controller. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Also set CIs debug to its highest so we can see the debug output of CI.

I do not see any references to the base_url() method in the files you provided.

[eluser]Konvurt[/eluser]
Sry. I removed them to see if I could atleast get the pages to load. However, I am still getting the 500 error without it there. The links for style sheets/js included the following line <?php echo base_url(); ?>.

Entering mydomain.com/system/application/view/applicantView.php renders the page along with errors stating the variables are undefined.

Entering mydomain.com/ci/index.php/applicant produces an error 500.

[eluser]Konvurt[/eluser]
All thanks for your help. I ultimately canned the project and started from scratch.

Thanks again.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB