Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
external apps site structure

[eluser]sixpack434[/eluser]
Hi, i'm building a website in codeigniter but want to intergrate phpbb and wordpress. What's the best way to structure this? I mean where is the best place to put the phpbb and wordpress apps? At the moment i'm thinking off

website_name
-system (CI folder)
-forum (phpbb)
-blog (wordpress)
-images
.htaccess (get rid off index.php in CI url)
index.php (CI's index.php)

is this the best way to go on about it?

Thanks,

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
That's what I would do.

[eluser]sixpack434[/eluser]
hmmm, ok thanks. one problem i ecnountered though, was with phpbb being a sub-folder, it was throwing an error "500 internal server error" because of it's htaccess. i'm using phpbb 3. it works if i delete the phpbb's htaccess, but strangely when phpbb is not a sub-folder, it works with the htaccess.

phpbb's 3 htaccess:

<Files "config.php">
Order Allow,Deny
Deny from All
</Files>

<Files "common.php">
Order Allow,Deny
Deny from All
</Files>

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
If I may... ExpressionEngine has blogs, forums, and is built largely similar to CodeIgniter. It is the parent codebase of CI, and is SUPER flexible. As a CI programmer, you might like it. Small learning curve, but it will revolutionize the way you do sites in the same way CI has revolutionized the way you code.

[eluser]litzinger[/eluser]
I agree with Derek. I was trying to do the same thing with a site... use Wordpress for the blog and individual pages, Vanilla for the forum, and eventually a separate CI app, and I found that setting up the Wordpress template, and trying to manage the same template and navigation in a completely different environment (Vanilla) was not fun. They're all great apps individually, but I'm using EE Core right now with plans to get the Forum later, and it's much less of a headache. I had a headache even before contemplating how I was going to have a single user sign on area between the 3 apps. Now I'll eventually have EE manage the users, then tap into that user list with my app.

If I were you I'd try EE for the pages, blog, and forum, then your app is the only standalone thing on the site so there is less to maintain. I think you'll thank us later Big Grin

[eluser]ELRafael[/eluser]
Derek is suspect to talk about EE....

I'll tell about my experience about EE

Is good as wordpress. If you'll spend time to know the structure to make templates to WP, is the same time to EE core (that i tested).

i not tested the forum... but if is same idea that blog and ci, will be nice as that two.

But in your problem, maybe phpbb is looking at the root dir. Is there some config to tells that url/base_dir is in that subdir?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB