Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
404 Page not found -- IE7 only

[eluser]Mark Krieger[/eluser]
I have a large and stable CI-based web application, developed under firefox, but which we have cleaned up (some tiny html differences) so it runs just as well under ie7 and chrome. [Wow, chrome is fast!].

Under ie7, though, after many pages have fully rendered, we can see the message in the log:

ERROR --- -> 404 Page Not Found --> missing_html

other pages do not get this error.

One or two other pages get the error:

ERROR --- -> 404 Page Not Found --> mentions/images (where mentions is a controller in the application).

These appear after the logs show that everything has rendered (comparing to the log for firefox or chrome), and we find nothing called missing.html or missing_html in our code or on the view source. Same with mentions/images. The application is working perfectly in all cases, whether or not these error appear.

It is as if ie7 is looking for these on its own...

Where could we start to understand what is going on? Nothing on the internet or in the CI forums which I've seen on this topic.

thanks, (CI is the greatest, but you all know that!!!!)

Mark

[eluser]SherriW[/eluser]
Bump.

I am also experiencing this. Not sure which browser is doing it though.

[eluser]Militis[/eluser]
I know this is old, but I've got a site using CodeIgniter 1.7.3 and my logs are full of these errors. Has anyone figured out what they are from?

CodeIgniter's 404 logging is very...skimpy. It doesn't log where a person came from or who that person might be (IP Address). If it did, maybe I could narrow this down.

This is the only topic that has anything to do with this error, and there is no information. I'm slightly disappointed.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Microsoft Internet Explorer is Stealing Your 404 Error Traffic

InsiteFX

[eluser]osci[/eluser]
Very interesting article InsiteFX. Thanks for sharing. I had no idea of the 404 market by now. WOW.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
IE is not the only one doing it.

InsiteFX

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB