Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
charting libraries for Codeigniter 1.7.2

[eluser]rangana[/eluser]
Hi Guys,

I need a good charting library for my project which is done using CI. i have searched for libraries found a one called pinaci, but it states that it is for 1.4 and 1.5, can we use it with 1.7.2? can you guys suggest me a good one i can use, which you have used and have past experience?

regards,
Rangana

[eluser]Krzemo[/eluser]
Any particular reason why it has to be done in CI?
And what do you mean by that? CI library that draws charts using GD2?

Why not just i.e. Fusion Charts or Google Chart API?

[eluser]rangana[/eluser]
sorry for the mistake i've done, CI means CodeIgniter, i'm doing my project using CodeIgniter, it can't connect to internet, it's for a intranet environment that does not have internet facilities, that's why i'm asking for a library for CodeIgniter that can be easily put in to the libraries folder and used in my project!

[eluser]Krzemo[/eluser]
I'm not aware of any out of the box CI charting library, but there are plenty of charting solution that can be easily adopted. Most likely all you would have to do to make it work is to write some piece of code to feed them with data. I.e. for Fusion Charts it would have to be XML or JSON.

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
Another one that could be used is open flash chart 2. It renders nice flash based graphs any type you can think of. There are a couple nice jquery based solutions as well that use the canvas element to draw graphs. Depends on what you are familiar working with. As mentioned work by being fed a json string.

[eluser]Juan Velandia[/eluser]
Hello Eveyone, I came up with an intersting charts solution, FusionCharts Free, It's easy to configure and i'ts well documented.

I did a small example over a CI deployment, you can download it:

http://190.146.3.147/CodeIgniter_1.7.2_chart.zip

Download it, adjust your base_url() in the config file and you can check it. I will leave it for the next few weeks.

I hope it could be useful for someone, It did the job for me.Regards!

[eluser]rangana[/eluser]
Hi Juan Velandia!

Thank you for sharing your solution with us, i have tried it out , very interesting, i can use it
in my project with little adjustments! thank you once again for this great help!

regards,
Rangana

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB