Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Inherited CodeIgniter site and can't get it to run

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Ok, there are probably several questions here. First, I have just inherited ownership of a php site that was build with codeigniter. I have never used this framework before. The original developer is gone and let no instructions for anything. Normal. My first activity was to try and create a localhost version of the web site so my company has a place to develop and test. What I did was copy the files from the production site to a local system (running windows, Apahe 2.2 and PHP5). Now, as you probably guessed, the site does not come up. I get an error in the CodeIgniter.php file where it tried to create a class that using the statement ' $CI = new $class() '. I have not changed any of the code other than add a few echo statements to trap where the error is occuring;

So, my questions are:

1- I just copied files over. I did not actually install codeigniter. Do I have to or should it work as long as I have all the files?

2- What else is required to run the framework?

3- What other information do you need to help me get this running?

I am under some serious time pressure here and need to get this running quickly!!

Thanks,

...Bob

[eluser]OliverHR[/eluser]
Start reading the user guide: http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...index.html

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Hi Bob,

First off I would install CodeIgniter into a seperate directory
and make sure that it runs...

If it doe's then you know that apache and php are installed right.

You would also need the database name and table structures!

You can export these use phpmyadmin.

InsiteFX

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
[quote author="BobHarned" date="1286175638"]First, I have just inherited ownership of a php site that was build with codeigniter. I have never used this framework before. [/quote]
Why would you take over a project where you have no idea how the framework works?

[eluser]Dennis Rasmussen[/eluser]
[quote author="n0xie" date="1286201543"]Why would you take over a project where you have no idea how the framework works?[/quote]

To own a website that runs on CodeIgniter, you don't actually need to know anything about CodeIgniter.
Maybe he wants to run the website on his own server etc etc.

To the original poster:
You need to change some configurations in /config/config.php and /config/database.php and maybe your .htaccess file in your root.

Then it should run... MAYBE! Smile
Never know if there are more modifications needed.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB