Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Widgets that can have links to themselves

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
It's difficult to create samples of a widget, since the way you code it greatly depends on the design of your theme/template system and the way you want to integrate your widgets.

Modular CI comes with an example module that shows most of the options, there is a large readme with an explanation on bitbucket, and it includes a test controller to run through all types of files in the example module. And if you have questions, there's a discussions link on the wiki page, where I'll be happy to answer them...

[eluser]breaddes[/eluser]
I am really happy with the solution now. WanWizard, I saw that you load assets from within your module. That's a great way to organize it. How have you done it?

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
I haven't.

Module specific assets in ExiteCMS are part of the module folder structure, because modules are packaged and distributed individually.

When you install a module in ExiteCMS, the installer will copy the module assets to the /assets directory of the docroot in which ExiteCMS is installed. This is done because in most installations, the code is not installed in the docroot. Assets in those directories will therefore not be accessable by the browser. The templates always load assets from base_url().'assets'.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB