Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Helping on Helping

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi guys…

My name is Gama, I’m from Brazil and I am a computing engineer.

I am starting to work with CI and would like to contribute to the CI development (This will definitely help me fulfill my client’s requirements quicker, AND help the community).

Aiming that, I wanted to know if CI has a how-to contibute page (with all kinds of development relevant stuff).

Regards,

Gama

[eluser]OliverHR[/eluser]
I think that EllisLab leaves the development of CORE in the hands of engineers.

But you can develop libraries and put them on the wiki or the forums.

Even now with the change of the code to bitbucket, you can review the code and send patches that you have done.

Look here:

http://bitbucket.org/ellislab/codeignite...tatus=open

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Wow, that's bad new :/

I was hoping to engage on the development of the CI core, too bad I won't be able to.

EllisLab could accept patches (GIT or mercurial) from the community... I really don't see any reason not to.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
And they do.

But you have to appreciate the fact that they will be very cautious, their core business runs on CodeIgniter, and they obviously don't want to introduce a potential risk there.

On the other hand, this is exactly what many of us like: CodeIgniter is a very stable framework, suitable for production applications, and with no significant API changes in between versions (so not a lot of upgrade effort).

Compare that to the likes of Kohana, where regular changes in design and strategy can make upgrading a nightmare...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB