Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using CI's Documentation Template

[eluser]stormbytes[/eluser]
CI's docs look & feel looks... well great! But how to use this template?

I'm asking because I'd very much like to make use of the visual design to document my CI project, and I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing about application of the template. Do you create a WordPress blog & style it according to the rules? Does this template work with Wiki? Do I create static Html pages?

What's the best way to apply it?

Obviously I'd love to use CI to create a docs-section to my app, but being new I'm not sure how that would flow.. in design/development terms.

Would love to hear how others have managed to make use of this resource, and your suggestions!

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
I found out the easy way is just to use the CodeIgniter Docs and edit it!

InsiteFX

[quote author="InsiteFX" date="1286468784"]I found out the easy way is just to use the CodeIgniter Docs and edit it!

InsiteFX[/quote]

Uhm.. could you clarify?

[eluser]techgnome[/eluser]
Snag a copy... open it up in an HTML editor... edit content, replacing the existing content with yours.

-tg

Good thing I asked for clarification Smile

I mean, sure that works. But that's more of a 'fish' then a fishing pole. I guess I'm on my own for wordpress/templating the docs-css. However, if/when I get around to doing it, I'll post the finished template somewhere on the forum to save others the hassle of doing it from scratch. This should've been done ions ago.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
It's easier because the doc template doe's not include any of the javascript etc!

All you need to do is edit the index.html file and add your own *.html files

InsiteFX

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB