Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Advice on developing

[eluser]Stoppy[/eluser]
Hi,
I need an advice.
I am developing my own cms to manage a big website. Now I have a problem: i want to manage part of my websites as menus and boxes. My idea is to develop a library and call it when i need. But there I need to use: models, helpers and so on... How is possible to do it. Do you think is the right way or can you advice me a better option to manage this?

Thank you!
Giuseppe

[eluser]SPeed_FANat1c[/eluser]
I at least for small websites don't create any libraries - if I want make feature to manage menus - I simply create a controller for it. Its often good to use a model, for database operations and processing, then the project looks nicer Smile But I don't even know yet why should I create library. It is for that when you plan to use it more often than in one project as I understand. But for every project even for similar tasks there are something that is done differently. So if I would make a library, I should think carafully about what configuration should be available so that the library could fit many projects. And for now its easier just copy paste the controllers I have made and modify them for every project.

[eluser]Stoppy[/eluser]
[quote author="SPeed_FANat1c" date="1301600499"]I at least for small websites don't create any libraries - if I want make feature to manage menus - I simply create a controller for it. Its often good to use a model, for database operations and processing, then the project looks nicer Smile But I don't even know yet why should I create library. It is for that when you plan to use it more often than in one project as I understand. But for every project even for similar tasks there are something that is done differently. So if I would make a library, I should think carafully about what configuration should be available so that the library could fit many projects. And for now its easier just copy paste the controllers I have made and modify them for every project.[/quote]

In this case i prefer to use a library. What is the best way to use inside a library model and helpers from my application?

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
What you probably want is modules.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB