Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
how to download codeigniter 2

[eluser]kris10[/eluser]
I didn't find the link download of the page http://bitbucket.org/ellislab/codeigniter where is it ?
is it possible to get it ?

Sorry maybe it is a stupid question. but I didn't find the answer in google and in this forum

[eluser]kris10[/eluser]
sorry I found something here

http://bitbucket.org/ellislab/codeigniter/get/tip.zip

I think it should be ok

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Look at top right get source!
CodeIgniter 2.0

InsiteFX

[eluser]sarah fox[/eluser]
Is Codeigniter 2 - backward capable ?

Ie, if Live server is Codeigniter 1, (or a prior version than 2.0), If I put CI 2 on my home PC, & "upload" to the live server (prior version)..

will everything still work ?

Or will live server need CI 2 as well ? (I'll ask what version, when the admin wakes up...)

[eluser]eoinmcg[/eluser]
best to test on your home computer before uploading to the live server.

you probably will need to make some small adjustments. read this for a good summary:
http://philsturgeon.co.uk/news/2010/05/u...gniter-2.0

[eluser]techgnome[/eluser]
After having just converted my site from the hybrid it was in to CI 1.7.2... last night I upgraded it from 1.7.2 to CI 2.0 ... there were some minor changes... the models had to extend CI_Model, the class constructor signature changed, and a couple of other minor things along those routes were updated. Oh, the database config file has some new options that the old one didn't have. They weren't options I used any ways, but I figured since they are there, I better keep them in... since I use multiple databases, that part is what took the most time (1 whole minute of copy pasting & a couple of word changes, ooooooh).

Let's see.... that about covers it. In less than an hour. And no issues. But then that doesn't count the hours I spent in the days ahead of reading about CI 2.0 and figuring out how to get PHP5 activated on my host (yeah sad to say, w/o a line in the htaccess file, it runs php4 by default... but at least the php5 htaccess hack comes from my host, which is good since that means it's supported.)

Here's how I managed it (all on my local machine):
1) Grabbed a copy of my 1.7.2 site.
2) Grabbed CI 2.0 from BitBucket
3) installed both into the HTDOCS folder, side by side.
4) Opened the Controllers, Models, Views and Library folders in each installation.
5) Copy files from the old site into the new site - one at a time - seems tedious, but more than once, it prevented me from copying something I didn't mean to. (I discovered a lot of junk that I don't need).
6) Opened all the models, and updated the extends line (to CI_Module) and the constructor (to use the __construct() syntax) ... and the parent call (from parent::Model() to parent::__construct(); )
7) Tried to run the site - got errors.
8) Repeat step 6 but with the libraries.
9) Ran site again... checked all my links, making sure they worked.
10) Test, test, test. Since most things on my site are pretty basic, I only spent about 15 minutes on this. But this is the most important step.
11) Posted a notice to the live site that there would be an upgrade this weekend and that the site would be unavailable during that time.
12) Went to bed - it was 2am at this point.

If I can manage that as a CI newbie, all between 1am and 2am... sure anybody should be able to manage it.

-tg

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB