Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Multilanguage site

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi all,

I have been trying developing a multilingual website for a family member, however i've got 2 problems which I was hoping someone can help me with.

Firstly, I am using this extension to the CI_Language to help me get the /en or /lv urls: http://codeigniter.com/wiki/URI_Language_Identifier/
This works, however it does not remember from one page to the next, an obviously a user wont want to change it for every single page! Is there a way to get it to remember, maybe using sessions or cookies?

Second, I am using the /language/english etc for the different translations, however I am going to have some problems with my dynamic pages. I have certain pages which contains products and so i need to select, for example, body_en or body_lv from the db. I can do this i think be looking at $CI =& get_instance(); and $CI->config->item('language_abbr') in each controller and use a condition. Is this the best way?

Thanks
Mike

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I think what I will do is use:

$CI =& get_instance();
$CI->config->item(‘language_abbr’)

Then for each link, just make sure I use the language_abbr at the start. This should solve my issue I believe.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB