Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Can someone post the code for the 20 minute blog tutorial?

[eluser]TheActionCombo[/eluser]
I'm having a driver isssue (I think) that causes my browser to crash when it tries to play quicktime videos.

Can someone post the code (or link to the code) of the models, views, and controllers for the 20 minute blog tutorial?

Also, if there is a download link for the video (so I wouldn't have to stream it), that would work as well.

Thanks.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Welcome to CI. Try updating your version of QT and see if that helps, its helped a few others in the past.

The code for the tutorial isn't available unless someone here has typed it out and is willing to share... its been lost to antiquity Wink

Here are direct download links for the movies.
1) Intro
2) Blog

[eluser]LuckyFella73[/eluser]
Hej ActionCombo,
I did the blog-tutorial when I started with CI,
so if you are interested, I could send you the
code.

But: I added some lines of code to check
the functionality of CI regarding mysql queries
(if I'm able to handle this by using CI).
So it's no absolutly "clean version" of the
blog-tutorial.

And: The current version of CI at that time was 1.2

Cheers,
Luckyfella

[eluser]wojtekk[/eluser]
if u got problems with QT try
alternative QT

[eluser]TheActionCombo[/eluser]
Thanks for posting the video.

It's definitely a driver issue. I was able to find a thread discussing it on the Nvidia forums (I am already using QT Alternative).

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
[quote author="Derek Allard" date="1191786960"]Welcome to CI. Try updating your version of QT and see if that helps, its helped a few others in the past.

The code for the tutorial isn't available unless someone here has typed it out and is willing to share... its been lost to antiquity Wink

Here are direct download links for the movies.
1) Intro
2) Blog[/quote]

Those links appear to be broken.

Both work for me. Are you getting anything or a 404?

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
Getting a white page and a Done in IE7.

Can you view them online in IE? Those links are meant for download (but should still work). I just tested my IE 7 and it worked fine. Could you try upgrading your version of Quicktime and see if that makes a difference?

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
In FireFox, the videos start--I cannot download them.

In IE7, I just get a white page and the videos do not start.

I was assuming that those links would lead to a page where they could be downloaded.

BTW... My interest in this is because I was trying to add a page link to the videos to that cut and paste links page I was talking about earlier. I do have a link to the Tutorials page, but not a video download link. Because of post size limitations in EE, it's probably going to be multiple posts in a single thread.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB