Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
NetworkErro r: 500 Internal Server Error

[eluser]krishnakumar2k[/eluser]
am having this error "networkErro r: 500 Internal Server Error" how can i debugg it?
my .htaccess file is below
Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|resources|robots\.txt)
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?/$1 [L,QSA]

error log says

[Thu Oct 21 14:13:26 2010] [error] [client 79.170.40.31] File does not exist: /home/sites/........../public_html/favicon.ico

[eluser]Narkboy[/eluser]
First - do you have a favicon.ico file that you want to use?

Favicons are requested automatically by many broswers but your rewrite rules will direct that request to the index.php file, which can't deal with it. If you have one, use:

Code:
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|resources|robots\.txt|favicon\.ico)

Any request you do not want served by index.php needs to be list here. That would include your images, scripts and styles directories (unless you're doing something cleaver with them), sitemap.xml, CI license.txt etc.

That said, a favicon not being found should not trip an internal server error. Do you see this anywhere other than the log?

/B

[eluser]krishnakumar2k[/eluser]
am getting this error on the following code

Code:
$source = @imagecreatefromjpeg($image);

$image is "uploads/canvas_requests/output_img/1287733096_122_172_129_73.jpg"
server supports gd also.

[eluser]Narkboy[/eluser]
Ok - can you post exactly what the broswer requests and what happens to fill that request? Need more info to help here..

Also - is there nothing in the Apache log other than about the favicon? These would seem to be unrelated issues. Turn up the logging on Apache and run it all again. I know Apache logs failed favicon requests but I can't see any connection between that log entry and your error...

/B

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB